Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A bit about me

The name is Cynthia Macabuhay but usually I go by Cindy Mac - or one or the other. Usually I just sign my work with a CLMac♥

I've been into art for a few years now - wrote 'bout it briefly in my first post. So I have been doing art as a hobby for a couple years now. Although I have tried quite a few mediums graphite, charcoal, Copic markers, acrylic, oil paints - I have been increasingly more active in digital art especially since having obtained a graphics tablet (intuos4) about a year and a half ago. I don't really do anything (I've been told I am quite random) but I try to make conceptual art and illustrations. My biggest influences being video games, movies, and books. You can see my work at CLMac.deviantart.com or you can see sketches and WIPs at my (non-class) blog: tumblr or blogger.


Since maybe junior high, I had always been set on entering the medical field as most of my family (so far, all four siblings who have graduated high school are under various medical occupations) - since high school I had been working at medical centers and hospitals. But I had a sudden epiphany while my siblings discussed dissecting a cadaver and I realized I was nowhere nearly as interested as they were. In fact, they had a wonderful experience at the hospitals and I never cared for it. Don't get me wrong though, I am not squeamish. So I pondered a future in this field if I didn't even like it now. 
I have always admired video game art, CGI, digital effects on movies, computer animations, concepts, matte paintings, illustrations, etc. Admired is too small a word - I've been awed and inspired, it sends my imagination in a whirl, but I never considered it as a career option - until now. I don't know if I have what it takes but I'd like to explore the direction. I feel more keen on it by the day And this is my reason for this class - at least, I hope to learn as much as I can because no matter what, I think art will remain in my life. I am also taking Art10ab Drawing Fundamentals. Thankfully, I am blessed enough with the economic stability that allows me to be 'undecided'.

My current favorite artists is the PHENOMENAL Johannes Voß aka algenpfleger @ deviantart.com


Here are some examples of my personal works:
 


  

 



No comments:

Post a Comment